Recently moved to MA and looking for work. The job I had lined up fell through a week before I moved.
I am the top talent you are looking for in Project Management. At EMC, I was a top producer handling storage hardware and software projects. I have experience working with over 20 projects at a time totaling more than $4 million. I moved on to Torrey Point because I desired a bigger challenge and greater opportunity. At Torrey Point, I created the Global PMO and Project Management Practice, in addition to managing major network consulting projects. Working with these outstanding organizations in New York City has been tremendously rewarding, but Boston is where my heart lies. My family and I have moved to build a home and life-long careers here.
Please consider my qualifications, as summarized below and on the attached résumé, for a position at your company. I believe that the experience I have gained over the past 8 years, in addition to the training and knowledge from my management studies, will have an enormous impact on your organization. In addition to my Project Manager experience, my time in the financial sector and as a volunteer coach has given me the following strengths:
• Experience working with clients at the C-level
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, complete them on time and within budget
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge that respect is something that must be earned
• Considerable knowledge of organizational behavior and effective people management
My qualifications also include:
• A BBA from the University of Massachusetts, Isenberg School of Management
• Experience with many different technologies including storage and networking from manufacturers such as EMC, Cisco, Juniper, RSA, VMware, Siemens, etc.
• EMC Proven Professional Certification, IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
• Understanding of the principles of Storage and Networking architectures (SAN, NAS, OSPF, EIGRP)
• Proficiency in computerized Project Management software applications such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft Business Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
In addition, I enjoy a reputation for being a very hard-working, conscientious, intelligent, and industrious individual. My motivation is to completely utilize my accumulated experience and business acumen to the fullest extent possible, becoming a critical asset to your organization. I will be the best person you place this year, and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet with you. I can promise you this will not be a waste of your time.
Thank you for your consideration.