As promised here are the results of our survey on the Top 10 Obstacles to Project Success in 2010. More than 1,700 respondents took the survey and represented 22 industries, 26 countries and 47 types of projects. Here are the global rankings;
- Changes to Project Scope (scope creep) [Third year in a row!]
- Resources are inadequate (excluding funding)
- Insufficient time to complete the project
- Critical requirements are unspecified or missing [Up four from last year!]
- Inadequate project testing
- Critical project tasks are delivered late
- Key team members lack adequate authority
- The Project Sponsor is unavailable to approve strategic decisions
- Insufficient project funding [Down two from last year!]
- Key team members lack critical skills
Read the first article on our findings here;
Individual obstacles, trends in ranking, regional and industry based differences are just a few of the subjects we will cover in future articles.
Feel free to comment!
The MüTō Team